Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vegetarianism is interesting

Getting old sucks.... scratch that. Getting old after 31 years of self neglect sucks! Sooo i decided that abundant veggies and lack of processed foods were in order. Given my love of breakfast meats, this is going to be..well.. interesting. Kinda like last night's dinner, which even my garbage disposal refused to it was so bad, lol. I'll share the two good recipes I made, but be forewarned- my "measurements" are more like guesstimates.

My first proud accomplishment: spinach and artichoke quiche

7.5 oz jar of artichokes, chopped
1 can croissants
6 large eggs, beaten
1Tbs cornstarch
3Tbs parmesan
1/8 cup mozzarella shreds
2 fistfulls of fresh spinach, chiffoned
2-3 scallions, diced
1tsp garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375
Lightly grease pie pan
Arrange croissants into a crust, smushing.as needed
Bake crust until browned, 9-11 minutes
Mix the ingredients, including artichoke juice thoroughly.
Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until firm in the center

Feeds 6

No comments:

Post a Comment